MI5 under pressure to explain how another terrorist slipped through the net

MI5 under pressure to explain how another terrorist slipped through the net

Introduction — June 7, 2017

armed British anti terror policeIt was a mistake, right? At least that it what the authorities would like you to believe.
Reports like the following only reinforce that line by claiming that “the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the net”. They didn’t. They were knowingly allowed to evade scrutiny.
How else does one explain the fact that the Manchester bomber, Salman Abedi had recently travelled to Libya, was known to the authorities but was not considered to pose an immediate threat?
Unfortunately, like Salman Abedi, the London Bridge attackers, is only the latest in a growing list of terrorists who somehow “slipped through the net”:
Khalid Masood, the Islamic terrorist who in March mowed down people with his car before stabbing a police officer to death outside Westminster Palace, had been monitored by MI5 over concerns of “violent extremism”. However like Abedi he was no longer deemed to pose a threat.
Likewise Breitbart reported:
Anis Amri, who drove a truck through a Berlin Christmas market and killed 12 people in December, had been identified as a terrorist threat months before the attack but was not apprehended.
In France, the gunman who killed a police officer at the Champs-Elysees in April had been the subject of a counterterrorism investigation in March. Some of the attackers behind the 2015 Paris terror attack had also been monitored by both Belgian and French intelligence services – but were still able to coordinate a major terrorist attack, killing 130 people.
The list goes on and is growing, almost by the week. At some point the public is going to have to wake up to the fact that these aren’t just oversights. These attacks are being “allowed to happen” and in some cases the authorities are knowingly helping to facilitate them.
All of this is being to help empower the authorities and facilitate the introduction of more draconian legislation. Theresa May has already announced that human rights laws will be amended “if they get in the way“ of the fight against terror and these attacks are being used to that end. As Lasha Darkmoon reports, they will also give the authorities more power to control the internet. Ed.

MI5 under pressure to explain how another terrorist slipped through the net

Michael Settle — The Herald June 7, 2017

THE secret service is under increasing pressure to explain how the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the net after it emerged two of the three attackers had been known to the authorities.

This means that perpetrators in all three of the terrorist outrages to hit Britain this year had at some point appeared on the radar of the security agencies.

During a visit to North Wales, Prime Minister Theresa May said: “MI5 and the police have already said they would be reviewing how they dealt with Manchester and I would expect them to do exactly the same in relation to London Bridge.”

Yesterday it emerged that Youssef Zaghba, 22, named as the third extremist responsible for Saturday night’s atrocity, had been stopped at an Italian airport trying to fly to Turkey in March last year amid concerns he was intending to travel on to Syria.

He is said to have told authorities in Bologna “I’m going to be a terrorist” while officers reportedly found so-called Islamic State-related material on his mobile phone when he was intercepted.

The Italian national of Moroccan descent was prevented from continuing his journey to Istanbul, placed on a watch list and, it was claimed, flagged up to Moroccan as well as British security services.

The Italian authorities took Zaghba’s phone and passport but they were returned to him as there was insufficient evidence to accuse him of any terror-related offence. Of late, he had been living in east London, where his accomplices also lived.

There has been no official comment about the disclosures from UK authorities but Scotland Yard said Zaghba was not a police or MI5 “subject of interest”.

Continues …

Police Repeatedly Warned About London Bridge Suspect

News Commentary — June 5, 2017

As evidence mounts the London Bridge attack begins to look less like a false flag and more as if elements in authority knew what was being planned but knowingly allowed it happen.
Nothing else can explain the authorities recurring oversights.
Police were repeatedly warned about concerns over one of the suspects involved in the attack.
According to Sky News London Bridge attacker Khuram Shazad Butt was ‘known to police for many years’
The 27-year-old Muslim ringleader of the London Bridge gang, known to friends as ‘Abz’, even appeared in a Channel 4 documentary last year about British jihadists and unfurled an ISIS-style flag in Regent’s Park.

Islamic State Flag unfurled in Regents Park. Click to enlarge

In other words the prime suspect in the London Bridge attack had openly advertised his militancy on national TV.
‘Abz’ was also ejected from a local mosque after he repeatedly interrupted the resident iman.
According to the Daily Mail, a friend of the suspect also called an anti-terror hotline to alert police of the potential threat he posed.
Housewife Erica Gasparri, 42, also warned police last year that the suspect and others were trying to radicalise youngsters in the area.
She said: ‘They were waiting for the children of the neighbourhood. They would give the children chocolate while talking to them. They would pray in the park for hours.’
Of course this doesn’t mean the police failed in their responsibility. Well, not exactly, because if a potential terror threat had been flagged then the police would then be required to alert one of the domestic intelligence agencies for further investigation.
And that’s where the problem probably lies because despite all the warnings domestic intelligence allowed the London Bridge attack to happen. There’s no other explanation for such repeated oversights.
Somewhere in the murky world of intelligence it was known that a genuine domestic terror threat was growing in east London. The question is why was it allowed to happen?
Part of the answer can be found in Theresa May’s announcement in the immediate aftermath of the London Bridge attack. On Sunday morning, only hours after the London Bridge attack the prime minister revealed plans to regulate the internet.
Under normal circumstances her plans would have been met with widespread objections from freedom of speech advocates and the like. However, in the immediate aftermath of one of the bloodiest terror attacks Britain has ever seen there were only muted protests.
Cynics might say that was because the London Bridge attack has achieved its aim. Having shocked the nation into compliance; more widespread control of the Internet is on the cards and it’s only a matter of time before new legislation is in place and a more draconian rule is enforced.

Italians say they tipped off UK about third London Bridge attacker

Introduction — June 6, 2017

British authorities maintain that the third London Bridge terrorist, named as Youssef Zaghba, was not a police or MI5 ‘subject of interest’.
Why the disinterest? Especially when he told officials “I’m going to be a terrorist” when he was stopped at Bologna Airport last year trying to travel to Syria.
Italian authorities then warned British authorities so why do British security services insist that Youssef Zaghba was “not a person of interest”? Are saying this to cover their own oversights? Or to conceal the fact that the London Bridge attack was knowingly allowed to happen?
The British authorites ignored repeated warnings about the London Bridge attackers: from members of the public and now it seems they also ignored warnings from Italian officials too.
One of the suspects was even filmed in Regents Park last year with an ISIS flag. He wasn’t trying to conceal his militancy, he was openly advertising it. From which we can only conclude that the London Bridge attack was knowingly allowed to happen. Ed.

Italians say they tipped off UK about third London Bridge attacker

Richard Spillett, Martin Robinson — Mail Online June 6, 2017

Youssef Zoghba. Click to enlarge

British authorities were warned about an Italian-Moroccan terrorist who took part in the London Bridge attack after he tried to travel to Syria from Italy, it was claimed today.

Youssef Zaghba, a 22-year-old who was born in Fez, Morocco to an Italian mother and Moroccan father, was suspected of attempting to travel to war-torn country last year, according to Italian media.

He was reportedly stopped at Bologna airport last year with a one-way ticket to Istanbul, carrying just a backpack, a passport and a mobile phone with ISIS clips on it.

He told authorities: ‘I am going to be a terrorist,’ the Guardian reported today.

Authorities in Italy tipped off British authorities about Zaghba but he was apparently able to enter Britain and get a job in a London restaurant

An Italian intelligence source said that Zaghba had since been acquitted of terrorism charges but was on a ‘persons at risk’ list – similar to a UK ‘watch list’, according to Corriere Della Sera.

Reports in Italy suggest the 22-year-old had since got a ‘seasonal job’ in a London restaurant and continued to speak to his mother back home.

The Met Police have insisted Zaghba was not a ‘subject of interest’, but the claims in Italy will raise further questions of security services over why the three attackers weren’t under closer surveillance.

In a further embarrassment for British authorities, Zaghba’s identity was revealed in Italy before Scotland Yard confirmed it, similar to how details of the Manchester bombing were leaked in the US before they were released by police in the UK

Continues …

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s